Skip to content
Goals and Benefits
- Performing brain-based research to answer both computational and natural research problems based on neuro-psycho-basis. That is to understand how the brain, as our machine for cognition and psychology, influenced by technology and how it influences the technology.
- To encourage the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary-based research and thinking methodology among the academic community in UoZ and in the region.
- To encourage the collaboration culture among academia (faculty members and postgraduate students) and the society in UoZ, to let the scholars solve the problems in the society, so to produce a more stable and healthier community.
- To accept and graduate postgraduate students from the related postgraduate programs, as the CCNP lab has to be well-equipped, the list of necessary experimental machines are listed at this proposal-document.
- Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students Will:
- Gain broad exposure to the unique psychological, computational, cognitive and neuroscience research.
- Interact with faculty and students across different departments
- Learn research methodologies for interdisciplinary research
- Participate in enrichment activities such as journal and seminar series;
- Learn the scientific methods of how to present experiments
- Enhance their competitiveness for graduate programs
- Faculty members will:
- Have access to CCNP’s unique equipments to facilities interesting conducting experiments
- Have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary research environment across the UoZ campus, and globally.
- Be eligible for reassignment time for conducting undergraduate and postgraduate research and training
- An academic achievement: CCNP lab @ UoZ can be considered one of the applications of the Bologna Process, where it enables the related interdisciplinary postgraduate programs to be offered on-campus (i.e.computational psychology, cognitive robotics). This is by offering modular courses on-campus for the given master or Phd degrees, organized by multiple departments.
- Global marketing of the UoZ: joint postgraduate programs can be designed for UoZ students, where academic and scientific collaborations will make CCNP research efforts more strong and hearable in the global academic community.